Skip to main content

1953

On June 15, 1953 six town residents met with Brevard County’s local fire commissioner to discuss the possibility of forming a volunteer fire department. At a second meeting on June 17th, the Melbourne Beach Volunteer Fire Department was formed. On June 22, the original six members decided to change the department’s name to the Beach Volunteer Fire Control District.

Site Notice

Please be patient as part of our website is still under constrution. However, our Donation page is site operational.
X