Skip to main content

1958

The Department’s members voted to leave the Brevard County Fire Control District and devote its primary attention to the growing Town. The Department’s name was also changed back to the original Melbourne Beach Volunteer Fire Department. The original brush truck was replaced with the Department’s first real fire engine, a 1969 Jaco.

Advances have been made throughout the years with regard to vehicles and other safety equipment. The fire station was added onto over the years to accommodate the growing department and larger Class A pumpers in the fleet. Labor was again provided by the volunteer firefighters.